[PyGreSQL] PyGreSQL 3.8.1 and PostgreSQL 8.3.0: mportError: DLL load failed with error code 182

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Sat Mar 8 04:34:52 EST 2008

Henri Muurimaa schrieb:
> libeay32.dll is a OpenSSH DLL. I'm not using OpenSSH directly, but I
> have, for example, OpenVPN installed which probably uses it. Just now
> I removed OpenVPN, but the error remains the same.
>
> Is there a dependency between PyGreSQL and OpenSSH, and if so, how can I fix it?

Not PyGreSQL directly, but PostgreSQL is using its own libeay32.dll (for
PG 8.3 it is 0.9.8e), and this may be incompatible with the one
installed by OpenSSH/OpenSSL. Maybe you can resolve it by changing the
position of OpenSSL and PostgreSQL in the PATH, removing it from the Win
system directory, or by installing the fitting version of OpenSSL.

-- Christoph