[PyGreSQL] Binding decimal.Decimal

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Tue Sep 16 18:47:01 EDT 2008

D'Arcy J.M. Cain schrieb:
 > I say let's go ahead and make the default Decimal.  We can make it a
 > major bump if we want to draw attention to the change.  I suspect that
 > few people will be affected anyway.

Ok, PyGresSQL uses Python Decimal for PostgreSQL numeric types now.

Not sure whether we should try to use Python lists for PostgreSQL
arrays. It may be a bit difficult to implement it right (PostgreSQL
arrays can be multi-dimensional and hold different types, and we
probably don't want to use "eval" for security reasons).

-- Christoph