[PyGreSQL] Help on psycopg installation

Ms Soo Chong s4046441 at student.uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 21 04:54:18 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have trouble installing psycopg, kept getting errors on "missing PostgreSQL headers".
Can someone please help me? Can someone please tell me specifically what one needs to
copy to get the headers all together. I'm using a Redhat 8 Linux installation
and a Fedora Core 2 installation.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is the log of the install attempt:

[peterj at euler psycopg-1.1.15]$ ./configure
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking python version... 2.3
checking python installation prefix... /usr
checking python installation exec_prefix... /usr
checking definitions in Python library makefile... done
checking location of python library...
$(prefix)/lib/python2.3/site-packages
checking location of python shared modules...
$(exec_prefix)/lib/python2.3/site-packages
checking for gcc... gcc -pthread
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc -pthread accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc -pthread option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -pthread -E
checking for inline... inline
checking PostgreSQL version... configure: error: missing PostgreSQL
headers
[peterj at euler psycopg-1.1.15]$

Thank you in advance.

Shufen