[PyGreSQL] Newbie Questions

David M. Cook dave at davidcook.org
Sun Sep 12 00:38:09 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 05:09:53PM +1000, Ms Soo Chong wrote:

> Currently, I'm able to perform a simple query
> through the browser by providing a textbox which
> allows user to key in the query and display the
> result in a dict form. However, I need to do far
> more than that, I wish to design a browser that have
> some radiobuttons where users are able to select one
> or more buttons and enter their keywords in a
> textbox, and my script then perform a search
> according to the input and display it.

The radio buttons are just a matter of adding some more things to the HTML
form you already have.  For formatting the output into a table, you probably
want to look at something that does HTML templating.  I used the HyperText
module for this

http://dustman.net/andy/python/HyperText

but it's no longer maintained, and I had to hack it very slightly (but it's
nice and simple). You may also want to take a look at what some of the many
Python web frameworks offer, but I don't know any of them enough to give an
opinion on which one to choose:

http://myturl.com/0011P

Dave Cook