[PyGreSQL] Pygresql and triggers

Daryl Tester dt at picknowl.com.au
Tue Apr 4 23:33:57 EDT 2000

And in that time honoured tradition of replying to one's own emails:

Daryl Tester wrote:

> Hmmm.  Kind of about-faced from what I wanted to do, which was
> Python triggered by an event (after table update), then performing
> some actions based on table contents.

It appears that what I _really_ want (apart from a blow to the head)
is the LISTEN and NOTIFY notification events, which are designed
pretty much exactly what I want them for (you can sit a NOTIFY in
a rule or trigger, and example libpq source code #2 shows how to
LISTEN for the matching event).  Amazing what RTFM'ing can do
(although I'm sure I'd read that part before; must be located in
a blind spot).

Cheers,
  Daryl Tester