[PyGreSQL] [patch] relinquish GIL while connecting to database

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Mon Sep 22 11:24:32 EDT 2008

Peter Schuller schrieb:
> My workaround is instead to just built without krb5. But the point
> being, this happens even without use of kerberos anywhere.

Then I think it's more serious and we should at least add the
compilation condition mentioned in my last mail.

> Any thoughts? Would be nice to remove all forms of interpreter
> blocking if possible. Does anyone here feel comfortable
> w.r.t. releasing the GIL during de-allocation?

I think it's only consequent to release the GIL in both cases, i.e.
pg_close and also pg_dealloc; I don't see why this should not be safe.

I'll check that in today if nobody protests.

-- Christoph