[PyGreSQL] Patch to add read support for integer arrays

Daryl Tester dt-pygresql at handcraftedcomputers.com.au
Sat Mar 22 01:04:51 EDT 2008

Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:

> On the whole I'm not sure if that's the correct
> approach. Still though, eval()'s a dangerous function that I go out of
> my way to avoid in regular practice. I know I can only hope that the
> libraries and modules that I use have the same respect for it.

"They" marked the pickle library as unsafe because of its use of eval
(which made me a sad panda, as I throw pickles around on the network
with gay abandon - doesn't stop me from doing it though).  But yes,
anything passing through eval is eventually going to wind up as a
posting on the Bugtraq security mailing list.

--
Regards,
  Daryl Tester

"We are sexy, sexy Von Neumann machines."  -- http://www.xkcd.org/387/