[PyGreSQL] Installation problem on Windows...

jr at openstage.org jr at openstage.org
Fri Mar 14 19:33:39 EDT 2008

I had assumed this would be easy but its not (or I am missing something VERY basic!)

I installed via the standard Windows installer. I did nothing else (the installation instructions don't say to do anything else!)  Several files are now in Python25/Lib/site-packages including _pg.pyd, py.py(and pyc/pyo), pgdb.py (and pyc/pyo) plus PyGreSQL-3.8.1-py25.egg-info and README.txt (but there is nothing in it to speak of).

I went to the command line and did:

  import pg

and I get the following error:

  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
      from pg import DB
    File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pg.py", line 21, in <module>
      from _pg import *

That is it.  Not very imformative (obviously it seems to be missing a DLL) and I can't find anything in the minimal installation instructions for installing from binaries that has any other instructions.

HELP!!!

Thanks, Jon Rosen