[PyGreSQL] callproc() and Stored Procedures

Martha Zimet zimet at manray.com
Sat Mar 1 13:54:45 EST 2008

Thanks for the input so far..

I have tried SELECT statements from both pg, using query,
and pgdb using execute, to access my stored procedure which
should return the value of the parameter foo:

SELECT zexternal_action.hello_world('foo')

In the case of pg, the statement resturns ''; in the case of
pgdb it returns 'None.' There are no errors.

According to my database guy (I am the Web interface person),
he has successfully accessed the stored procedure using the Ruby
interface to Postgres.

I am using mod_python, but even tried the select statements
via python directly with the same results.

Regards,

/martha