[PyGreSQL] Newbie Questions

Ms Soo Chong s4046441 at student.uq.edu.au
Sun Sep 12 07:32:46 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Thank you for the replies by Charlie Dyson and Dave Cook. Feel so great to see there actually people out there willing to help newbie like me. ;p

p/s: Please pardon me if I do have any stupid questions. ;D

To Charlie Dyson,

Sorry, because I'm totally new to programming so I don't really understand the contents but really appreciate that.

To Dave Cook,

Hmm..actually for the form, I have already used HTML to create it. My problem is I don't know how to approach the part to get python and pg module to response to the queries send by the user. What I was able to do is not good enough though is up and running, as the user have to type in the SQL statements in a textbox (web browser)in order to get the data. I wanna to be able to a more advance search where the SQL statements is hidden from the user, just like doing a google search (though much more simpler than that). The user are able to a search by choosing one from the categories (in radiobuttons/drop box)provided and type in any related words/sentence that are relevant to the selected categories.
I did try to scan through the whole lots of mailing lists and did hours and hours of google search trying to find a source code similar to mine, so that I can get started with it and not start from scratch. One reason being, I left with less than a month time and I'm really not good enough to do the whole program all by myself without some examples to guide me with.

I seriously do need some help. So can anyone please shared your source code if you did something quite similar to the stuffs I described earlier. Your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you for any help.

Cheers,
Shufen