[PyGreSQL] Pygresql and triggers

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Apr 3 13:10:36 EDT 2000

-> I'd like to build an arrangement where I have a python process
-> triggered by additions to a table (ala a queue type structure).
-> Is this in the land of feasible, or should I be getting more
-> sleep before I post such questions?

While I'm still new to PostgreSQL, I believe what you want is to
use Python as an embedded procedural language; c.f. p61 of
'programmer.pdf' (pg docs).  I'm interested in doing this, as
soon as I get somewhere with a project to embed Python in AOLserver;
but as far as I know, no-one else has done it yet.

Currently Tcl is in there, and it might not be a bad halfway step
to translate through Tcl to Python - ugly, though...

--titus